- General Surgery Department
- Anesthesia and Intensive Care
- Breast Center Villach
- Endometriose Zentrum
- Internal-Geriatric Department
- Department for Internal Medicine
- Neurology and Psychosomatic Medicine
- Psychiatrie und psychotherapeutische Medizin
- Casualty Surgery Department
- The hospital pharmacy
- Dieticians and Nutrition Consultancy
- Institute for Pathologie
- Medical-technical services
- Palliative care
- Institute for Medical and Chemical Laboratory Diagnosis
- Central X-Ray Institute
Refers to the holistic treatment of patients at an advanced stage of an incurable disease that is associated with reduced life expectancy.
The term "palliare is Latin and means "to cloak", in the sense of "to ease, to warm, to care for."
Palliative care aims at ensuring the best possible quality of life for the patients in order to allow them to live and die in dignity.
By offering advisory and support services to patients as well as their families and caregivers outside the hospital, we want to ensure that patients can be properly looked after in their familiar environment even during times of crisis.
The concept was designed to offer patients a high level of autonomy, dignity and affection during the last stage of their life.
Services available at the LKH Villach
- Inpatient admission to stabilise the patient's condition and prepare him/her for home care of nursing home care
- Palliative counselling available on all wards
- Advisory and information services rendered by a mobile palliative care team at the interface between inramural and extramural care